The War to End All Wars
World War I Axis & Allies* Variant
WW1 Axis & Allies variant
|The War to End All Wars
is a World War I territorial strategy game. A variant of the Axis &
Allies board game system, it offers an easy to play D10 based combat system
and territories with resource values for production.
The War to End All Wars presents the First World War in a couple different ways. The first of these is a historical simulation that offers alliances, political structures, and entry times for the various nations designed to mirror the actual historical chain events that transpired in real life. The second scenario is the semi historical scenario and makes allowances for player choices and deviant actions by many nations. This scenarion can see Japan get more active in the war, the US and/or Italy possibly enter on the Central Powers side, the Ottomans stay neutral or even join the Allies, and much more.
While not a complex game that breaks down the individual national armies into named brigades or divisions, the level of historical detailing in The War to End All Wars is enough that multiple professors now utilize this game to help teach the WW1 era to middle, high school, and even college students.
1) 2 piece 17" x 44" color game map on thich glossy paper. Map provides an inlarged game area for Europe, then smaller map zones for Asia, Africa, and North America to allow for representation of the entire global war.
2) 40 page Rule & Scenario booklet
3) Score pad with 30 nation sheets
5) Approx. 190 Plastic Unit Stands
6) 1,100+ Card Stock Land & Sea units for:
-- British Empire
|This is a computer scan and rerendering of the game map. Actual colors of the game map will be different than those seen here|